Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Cameras




I've gotten quite a few questions and comments about my photography, so I thought I'd do a post about my cameras.

My main camera (pictured in the top photo) is a Canon Rebel XS. Since June of this year, most of my photos were shot with this camera. I use the kit lens that came with the camera for most of my self-portraits (except for the top photo above) and all of my outfit pics, but for everything else I use the Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II lens. I luuurrrve this lens. It's my BFF.

Occasionally I also post photos shot with a film camera (see second photo above). Most of my film photos were shot with a vintage Pentax K1000 that I got on ebay. I learned most of what I know about photography from this camera. I don't think I would know how to work my digital camera if I hadn't started out on the Pentax!

There are also a few Polaroids scattered around (also see second photo above). My Polaroid camera is a vintage 680 slr that I got on ebay. I love shooting Polaroids, but the film is really expensive these days, so I'm hoarding my last pack of 600. There's good news on that front though. I can't wait to get my hands on some Impossible Project film!

9 comments:

Gia said...

I heart your photo's very very inspiring...maybe i'll take my love of photography to the next level and starting shooting what i love. Thanks for this Belle :o)

-gia

mysskay said...

thank you :o)

SoniaSnaps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SoniaSnaps said...

I so want to learn how to create the background fade effect. I just purchased a refurbed Nikon D40 and I am playing and playing to figure it out. I keep coming back to your page for inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing!
(I had typos in the 1st one so I had to re-do once I proof read...LOL)

BCopher said...

Hi Belle. You take amazing photos. What program(s) do you use to edit them?

belle said...

Thanks, BlackBetty. I actually don't really edit my photos. I just try to make sure everything is right in my camera before I take a shot and then I just pull them into iPhoto on my Mac. Sometimes I crop, but that's about it.

karen said...

Your pictures are amazing!! I wanted to know where you purchase your photo sheets for your polaroid. I'm investing in an slr 680 soon, and I've been scouring the internet for photo sheets for it.

belle said...

Thanks, Karen! The Polaroid company stopped producing instant film a while back, so stock has been dwindling. You can still find some of the old film on eBay, but prices are crazy. The Impossible Project bought the Polaroid factories in 2008 and they recently put out their first instant film. It's black & white. Color film still to come. You can find it here:

http://shop.the-impossible-project.com/shop/film/600/fi_600_1_px600_ff

I haven't bought any of it yet, but I will one day...

karen said...

Thanks so much for the info. =D