Monday, July 21, 2008

"Seal it with a kiss?"

On my way to work this morning, I stopped by one of the downtown mailboxes to drop off a Netflix movie. Just as I was about to drop it in, I heard "Seal it with a kiss?" and looked up to see the man who uttered those words hop onto a bus, which then sped away (well, "sped" is an exaggeration in downtown Charlottesville, but you get what I'm sayin'). I'm usually wierded out when men yell things at me on the street, but this just made me smile. The red envelope is probably what prompted his comment, but I'd like to think that I looked like Kiera Knightly in Atonement sending off a love letter to James McAvoy. **Sigh** A girl can dream, can't she?

P.S. I didn't actually send the Netflix envelope off with a kiss. Lord knows what kind of germs it's collected on its journeys!

No comments: