Thursday, December 18, 2008

Handmade gifts for my girls!


Every year I get together with two very dear friends a week or two before Christmas so that we can celebrate together while we're all still in town. This past Saturday we gathered at Keswick Hall for an afternoon tea and gift exchange, and it was really lovely. Keswick is our gathering place of choice for birthdays and such, but this was the first time we'd been there for the holidays. It was beautifully decorated for the season, so lovely and cozy (and we were even offered hot cocoa for the road)!

I received some truly lovely gifts from my girls. I feel so lucky to have friends who know me so well. And I hope they are just as pleased with the gifts I gave to them. Pictured above are the gifts I made for them. The gift up top is a hand braided scarf made from Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky Naturals in Silvermink. I used ah-yi's wonderful instructions. The gift on the bottom is a hat made from Canopy Sport yarn by The Fibre Company. The wonderful pattern by Kate Gagnon is available here.

2 comments:

ECarey said...

beautiful! can't wait to see the hat- it's gorgeous.

Beryl said...

you are so talented!! I love love love the scarf. It looks so warm and cozy.