Friday, February 27, 2009

Back so soon?

Yep, it appears that I am. You see, a funny thing happened when I let go of my blog...I couldn't stop thinking about my blog! I am the queen of wanting what I can't have.

But that's not the only reason I changed my mind. Taking an official time out reminded me why I started this blog in the first place. It was meant to be a place for me to collect the things that inspire me, and if I inspired a few more people in the process, that was icing on the cake. But as time went on, it started to be less about me and more about the audience---was there an audience? did my blog measure up? And those thoughts had a paralyzing effect. If I didn't have anything perfect to post, I just wouldn't post. And because I never thought any idea I had was perfect, I would go weeks and months without posting. Well, goodbye to all of that. I'm going back to the start and making this space what I want it to be, and if people read it, great. But if not, I'm not going to let that discourage me.

Now I'm sure you're wondering what this post has to do with the yarn pictured above. It doesn't really have anything to do with it. Those lovely skeins are the latest additions to my stash, and I just wanted to document their loveliness before I take them out of my window and store them away properly. The top skein is a lovely sock yarn from Oxford Kitchen Yarns. The middle and bottom skeins are the February Madelinetosh Magnolia Society shipment in the pale colorway (middle: cashmere bulky; bottom: tosh worsted). I already have plans for them all, which I will probably share later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i suffer from that, too. who's reading this blog? is it good enough? are they bothered by my spelling and grammar?

i think the best stuff happens when you just write for yourself, though. that's when i'm happiest, anyways. ^_^ so good luck!