Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dreaming of Paris--Trois




























I've been waiting for this book for a very long time. I first found out that Pia was writing a book about a year ago in this Design for Mankind daily. I had no idea what it was about, but I knew I had to have it. So I filed it away at the top of my books-I-have-to-buy-as-soon-as-they're-released list, and then tried to push it out of my mind because I know from my own experience in book publishing (as an editor, not a writer) that the transition from manuscript to bookstore shelf takes a while. And so I waited for almost a year. And then, when I was least expecting it, Pia posted a preview of the cover. Yippeee, I thought, it's almost here! And then I waited some more. Then, last week, on a whim, I decided to check to see if Amazon had put it up for pre-order, and they had!! And it was about fait main (handmade) shopping in Paris!! Perfect! And it was going to be released the very next Tuesday!!! Needless to say I pre-ordered my copy immediately. It arrived on Tuesday, and I'm oh so happy it's here. It is splendiferously lovely, and I can't wait to roam the streets of Paris with this precious little jewel in hand.

No comments: