Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Eve: What I'll Be Wearing



Note: Please excuse the mess! I had a ceiling leak over Christmas and things are shoved and piled in places they wouldn't normally be!

I usually find New Year's Eve pretty underwhelming, so I try not to make too much of it. I am going to a party, but I won't be wearing heels or sequins or ruffles. That stuff just makes me feel fussy and uncomfortable. Instead I'll be wearing an outfit that makes me feel most like myself: lots of comfort and a bit of chic if I do say so. The best way to start a new year, I say.

Jacket: Muji
Top: Anthropologie
Jeans: J Brand Blue Label Skinny in Shadow wash
Boots: Seychelles

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Like the outfit.....will be wearing something just as modest. UO high waist jeans, tank, and heels. HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!

Nikki Fresh said...

understated. chic. lovely. Have a Happy New Year!

Donica Christina said...

You look very beautiful, and I love the attitude.

tiffany said...

cute!

mysskay said...

I just can't say it enough - I love your photographs! And what mess? All I can see are a sea of books :o) Any good book recommendations to pass along?!

Hope you enjoy your New Year's celebration - you already have a great attitude going in!

Anonymous said...

Two things in the photo make me want to get to know you. 1. The sewing machine, 2.The yarn ball winder thingamajig. I own both of these items, along with a head a "crazy" natural hair (most of the African American kids I work with tell me I look like a monster when I'm completely natural - I've learned to shrug it off).

I'm sure we've seen each other before. I'm Rachel Vogus' roommate, and I help out with Secretly Y'all. I've been thinking of making a FAQ brochure about natural hair. I could give out to people when I catch them staring at me. Most frequently asked qestion - "Can I touch your hair?" Answer - "No."

belle said...

Hey Leslie! Yeah, I know you! : )

I remember when you talked about your knitting class at Secretly Ya'll and I thought "That girl's got big hair like me and she knits! Awesome!"