Thursday, March 25, 2010
Embracing the Puff
So, my last hair cut has been growing out a little weird, like droopy 'fro central, and I'm really not diggin' it. To salvage the situation, I've been putting it up in a puff, a style I haven't worn since the early days of my natural hair journey. The giant twist-out 'fro is still my favorite, but it's nice to be reminded that I have this option. I have a feeling this will come in handy on super hot summer days. But, for now, I can't wait to get my hair cut on Saturday so I can have my big hair back!
1. Washed and conditioned hair as usual. Washed most of conditioner out so that it wouldn't be visible.
2. Added Curls Gel-les'c and a bit of Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Butter. (Note: The Curls Gel-les'c is good for twist-outs, but I'm not crazy about it for this style. Top layer of hair turned out a bit crispy.)
3. Put an elastic headband (I think it's a Goody's ouchless, but I'm not sure) doubled up over my head (kind of a tight fit), and, starting from my hair line, I pushed the top and bottom of the band back until my hair was secure at the top of my head.
4. Tied a scarf around my head (just a random one from H&M) while getting ready for work to keep my edges from puffing up.
5. To maintain at night, I just tie the same scarf around my head and sleep on my satin pillowcase.