Saturday, August 22, 2009

Gearin' Up the Sweater Factory






































Top Photo: Last fall's Ophicleide cardigan.

Bottom Photo: Last winter's Owls sweater, which I actually never wore because it didn't get cold enough in Virginia last winter. Lesson learned: No more super-thick wooly yarn for as long as I live in the south.


As I am quite capable of making my own sweaters, I have a really hard time spending precious yarn money on mass-produced sweaters. Over the past few years, the only sweaters I've bought have been lightweight cardigans with stitches so tiny that I would either need a knitting machine or lots and lots of focus and patience and free time to make. Those I can justify buying. Anything that could be relatively easily handknit, though, I have to make.

It's way too hot in Charlottesville right now to get too excited about curling up on the sofa with a ball of yarn, but I've got some ideas bubbling around. These three lovelies are currently at the top of my must-knit list:

Vine Yoke Cardigan by Ysolda
Humanoid, Take Two by Ellybeth
Jenny's Birthday Sweater by Ellybeth

P.S. Speaking of making things, I made a vase in ceramics class on Tuesday that I'm quite excited about. If it turns out okay after firing and glazing, I'll definitely share some pics.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I love the owl sweater! I wish I had the patience for knitting...

Micheline said...

Thank you for posting those links. I fell in love with the Vivian sweater on the Ysolda website and I wouldn't have found it without you.