Friday, February 5, 2010

Dumbo Feather, Issue 22







I just received a lovely bit of mail all the way from Australia. It's Issue 22 of the magazine/book (or "mook") Dumbo Feather, which I ordered as soon as I heard that Pia Jane Bijkerk, one of my favorite creative types in the world, was featured in it. I have to admit that I usually have a very short attention span when it comes to magazine interviews--I usually zone out about half-way through--but I was riveted by the interviews in Dumbo Feather. They are these long, rambly type interviews, and it just feels like you're having a lovely conversations with a creative friend. So great! I, of course, loved the interview with Pia, but I also really enjoyed reading the interviews with chef and author Holly Davis (next to last photo above) and sunglasses designer Catherine Federice (bottom photo above), two talented ladies I'd never heard of before. To me, that's the test of a good magazine--can you make me care about a topic I know nothing about? This mag passes that test for sure! It's a bit too pricey to subscribe to, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for future issues that intrigue me.

1 comment:

tinypaperheart said...

your photos are really great. :)